The Group has received, among others, the following awards:
- Jerónimo Martins Group has been recognised for promoting gender equality in the workplace, and is the only Portuguese company that is part of the Top 200 Global Companies in the Global Equileap Gender Equality ranking;
- Jerónimo Martins stands in 55th place in the “Global Powers of Retailing 2019” ranking, its best position ever in this annual survey by Deloitte, having risen 60 places in the last 10 years;
- In recognition of its performance in over 300 social, environmental and governance indicators, the Group remained part of the Euronext Vigeo-Eiris Eurozone 120 index, and for the first time, was also included in the Euronext Vigeo-Eiris Europe 120 index;
- Jerónimo Martins obtained the best social and environmental score in the ISS Ethix index, attributed by ISS – Institutional Shareholder Services. The Group recorded the lowest environmental and social risk level in this index;
- ISS-Oekom, one of the global sustainable investment rating agencies, gave Jerónimo Martins the “Prime” score, a level that distinguishes companies that are leaders in their sectors;
- The Group was included in the FTSE4Good Europe and FTSE4Good Development indices and for the first time, on the FTSE4Good Developed Minimum Variance;
- The Group is part of the ECPI Global Developed ESG Best in Class, Euro ESG Equity and World ESG Equity indices, and became part of four new indices: Global Livestock GD, Global Climate Change Liquid, Global Megatrend 100 and Global Megatrend 100 Volatility Control;
- The Group was included on the Ethibel Sustainability Index (ESI) Excellence Europe and on the Ethibel Investment Register Excellence, by the independent association Forum Ethibel, specialists in rating, independent audits and certification of products and services which comply with ethical and social and environmental governance best practices;
- Jerónimo Martins was once again rated as an Outperformer, at the Leader level, in the Sustainalytics analysis, due to the Group’s robust sustainability strategy, policies and programmes;
- Jerónimo Martins became part of the MSCI ACWI ESG Leaders and MSCI ACWI SRI indices, which represent high-performing companies in social, environmental and governance areas. In 2018, the Group achieved an AA rating, reaching the leadership level;
- The Group is part of the STOXX ESG Leaders indices and included on various indices, such as the Global ESG Environmental Leaders and the Global ESG Impact, which represent leading companies worldwide in social, environmental and governance aspects.
Jerónimo Martins Polska / Biedronka
- Jerónimo Martins Polska achieved the 4th place in the “Employer of the Year 2017” ranking, an initiative from Nielsen and AIESEC Poland;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska was also considered to be the best payer and the retailer with the best offer of fresh produce, within the scope of the “Market of the Year – Retail Chains 2017” initiative, organised by the publication “Wydawnictwo Gospodarcze”;
- For the third year running, in 2018 Jerónimo Martins Polska achieved 2nd place on the list of the “500 Biggest Companies”, by the “Rzeczpospolita” newspaper;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska stood in 2nd place in the Most Patriotic Companies in Poland index in 2018, also attributed by the “Rzeczpospolita” newspaper;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska was recognised by the publication “Polityka Weekly”, with the “CRS White Leaf 2018”, for the projects developed to effectively manage the company’s environmental impact;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska achieved, in 2018, the 4th place in the Biggest Companies in Central and Eastern Europe ranking – “TOP 500 CEE” – attributed by the Coface Group and the “Rzeczpospolita” newspaper;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska won in 2018 the “Golden Effie” in the Retail/Sales Channels category, with its “Sweeties Gang 2” campaign;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska stood in 2nd place in Biggest Cothe list of the 2,000 companies in Poland in 2018, by the “Rzeczpospolita” newspaper;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska received the title “ECOJANOSIK 2018“, for recycling and handling operational waste, reducing the consumption of electricity, actions for protecting biodiversity and for fighting climate changes;
- Jerónimo Martins Polska won the award “EAGLES of Wprost 2018” in the Greater Poland area, an accolade for companies who obtained the greatest average net profit over the last three years, as well as the biggest average percentage increase in net profit;
- Biedronka became part of the most powerful group of Polish brands, winning the category “Shopping – convenience store” in 2018, from Superbrands;
- Biedronka won 2nd place in the ranking of the most valuable brands in Poland 2017, by the “Rzeczpospolita” newspaper;
- The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) recognised Biedronka’s commitment to promote sustainable fishing, awarding it with “MSC 2018“;
- Biedronka was a Top Brand leader, in the ranking of the most popular retail brands, based on its media presence in 2018.
- Pingo Doce was considered “Partner of Merit” by the Federação Portuguesa de Associações de Suinicultores (Portuguese Federation of Pig Farmers) in 2018, for representing over 50% of the sales of pork;
- For the second year running, Pingo Doce was awarded the “Biggest and Best Job Creator” in Portugal in 2018, attributed by the magazine “Exame” in partnership with Informa D&B and Deloitte, aiming to acknowledge big companies in Portugal that make a positive contribution to the domestic economy;
- Pingo Doce’s Customer Service was awarded by Associação Portuguesa de Contact Centers as the best contact centre in the Commerce and Retail sector in Portugal in 2018;
- Pingo Doce won the prize “Master Retalho Alimentar 2018”, in the Masters da Distribuição, an initiative from the magazine “Distribuição Hoje” and IFE by Abilways;
- 11 Pingo Doce Private Brand wines received 16 medals in two international wine contests in 2018:
- Decanter World Wines Event contest – seven medals received, with a special note for the Vinho Verde Alvarinho Branco Pingo Doce 75cl, which earned a Platinum Medal;
- International Wine Challenge Contest – nine medals received, where we would highlight the Vinho do Porto 10 Anos Tinto Pingo Doce 75cl, which was awarded the Gold Medal.
- For the fourth year running, Consumer Choice – Centro de Avaliação da Satisfação do Consumidor – awarded Recheio the Choice of the Professionals “stamp”, in the “Wholesale Distribution” category.
- The professional cosmetics magazine “Wiadomości Kosmetyczne” considered Hebe to be the “Drugstore of the Year 2018”, in the “Assortment” and “Store Organisation” categories;
- Hebe won an “Extra Highlight” in Service Quality in 2018, attributed by “Polski Instytut Badań Jakosci”;
- The Polish Service Quality Programme (Polski Program Jakości Obsługi) awarded Hebe a “Client Service Star” in the “Drugstore” category in 2018;
- Hebe won the “Drugstore” category in the 2018 “Superbrands”.